We aim to combine our deep knowledge of defence and security with our practical legal experience to develop commercial solutions that make long-term business sense for you.
We have been working extensively in defence and security, and have advised many types of agreement, transaction and dispute that the industry presents. Our team has been involved in some of the most significant military procurement programmes undertaken and our work has covered projects in the naval, land, combat, air, medical, satellite, communications, IT and technology areas.
Our vision is to be the number one law firm for defence and security organisations being changed by technology and the digital world. Defence and Security are being transformed on an unprecedented scale, and at an unprecedented pace, by the opportunities and challenges presented by new technologies such as the Internet of Things, Big Data, advanced analytics, cloud computing and blockchain. Our expertise in these technologies means we understand the issues facing you and can provide you with the support you need to solve them.
We are also highly experienced in advising on offset projects in a number of international markets.
We regularly advise on the following:
- Procurement of equipment maintenance and support solutions
- Collaboration structures including alliancing, teaming agreements, research and development and joint venturing
- Compliance, including Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Cybersecurity and Intelligence
- Employment and immigration – National Security considerations
- Export Control and Customs – technology transfer and Offset/Industrial Participation
- IP protection, exploitation and litigation
- Smart Procurement and 'availability contracting'
- Space & satellites – secure communications